Thursday, August 11, 2011

love thy neighbor

I am not a big fan of Indonesian films - I can easily count the number of their films that I've watched to this day (unlike English or Korean movies and dramas). Not that I'm biased or anything. It's just that even though our own language is similar to theirs, I still had a very hard time figuring out every word of  their full sentences. I can only pick out certain familiar words and I felt like I'm hearing Korean language being spoken (and can only pick at some words) T_T

But when it comes to Ketika Cinta Bertasbih, I watched it eagerly because it's adapted from the same-titled novel by Habiburrahman El Shirazy. Fortunately, Ketika Cinta Bertasbih 2, the sequel had subtitles which made it more enjoyable for me.

These are definitely worth watching, and we can learn a thing or two from the story.

If it's not meant to be, it's not.

In the movie, Khaerul Azzam wanted to ask for Anna's hand in marriage. He didn't even know Anna, yet he was persistent that she's the one. But was frustrated when he learned that his own friend, Furqon already asked first. Then Azzam and Anna actually met and fell in love with each other, but Anna still married Furqon.
when they met for the first time

Furqon did a lot of mistakes - believing he's HIV positive just after a single test, marrying Anna despite being told that he's HIV positive, and didn't bother to check the facts before divorcing Anna. It ended up that he didn't even have HIV in the first place.

Azzam on the other hand was adamant to get married to whomever suitable - but over and over again something came up and he remained single. When he was on the verge of giving up and decided to just let fate decide itself, he got what he wanted all along - Anna's father offered to marry her to him. What a love journey..

I want to go to Cairo and Alexandria! Those places are so breathtaking.
Images from Google


2 comments:

CS said...

Assalam.

I pun tak pernah tengok drama nih; what more other dramas but I am a big fan of Malay dramas *yg masuk diaqal*

cahya indah said...

my friend cakap drama ni ada kat astro Bintang (141)..if you subscribe Indo Pack la. tengok, jangan tak tengok..hehe