Sunday, September 4, 2011

long-time friends

I haven't had this much fun catching up with friends for a while. Yes, I've always been busy whenever there's a gathering of some sort..

Usually I'd meet close friends only and get to know what already happened in their lives - and that opportunity doesn't even come often.

I applaud the guys for always initiating these gatherings - they're really great at organizing these things. There were two three events that they did in the past, but I didn't have the time to join them. They met up for an 'ikan bakar' dinner at Umbai, they organized a bowling match, and they even held an iftar session.

So this time I'm really glad that I had the chance to attend the Eid gathering with them ;)

My friend, Wani picked me up around 11 in the morning and we went to pick up another friend, Dayang before making a pit stop at Mariyah's house. Her mom's Nasi Lemak was delicious but we had only a small scoop of rice as there were loads of food waiting at the gathering. Then we picked up another friend, Fatin before heading to the location - one of the guy's house in Batu Gajah.

We were the second to arrive after our friend, Fairus..who were helping out in the kitchen when we arrived there. We decided to watch Cake Boss, though..since there wasn't much left to do.
 
Then we started eating since the sticks of satay were cooked and kept appearing on the table ;) There were ketupat, beef rendang, ayam masak merah, fried vermicelli and cake alongside the satay of course. I didn't eat much, and listened to the gossips and updates by the new arrivals..

We really had fun, alas for the part when the engaged-and-to-be-married-soon began asking us singles when will be our turn. That would be the downside of gatherings..definitely. We can stand it if people ask once or twice ONLY..but my friend had had enough of that question when it came repeatedly from the same person and she already said it's not time yet when asked for the first time.

They just need to be more understanding for that part.

No comments: