Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The calling

Noooo..I'm not going to talk about The Calling that's famous for their song 'Wherever You Will Go'
If a great wave shall fall
And fall upon us all
Well then I hope there's someone out there
Who can bring me back to you

If I could, then I would
I'll go wherever you will go
Way up high or down low
I'll go wherever you will go
It's just that I've been progressing from a silent reader to a more active one these days - I didn't just start reading blogs, I've been doing that for a long time. I was just a bit shy to share my thoughts on their territory. And when I leave the comments on the blogs I read, I've almost always referred to these great people as 'kakak'.

It's a term of respect from me, but I think I need to do better after this. To aunties out there, sorry if aunties feel offended when I called you as 'kakak'. I didn't mean to. Sometimes I feel horrible when I found out that 'kakak' actually have children around my age.

Well, it could be a bonus..aunties that sound and look young, hence me calling you 'kakak'. :)
I'll try to do better after this, you could always correct me like Auntie Tek did. Thank you auntie, for making me realize my mistake.

Suddenly I thought of something (in horror), what if I called someone younger as 'kakak' too? Sorry, again. It's just because sometimes the seniors in this blogging world make me feel like I'm a freshie, even though it's been years for me too. I'm going to be 25 soon though, just to let you know how old i am :p

I've been meaning to post this days ago. And kak Peej's reminded me about it. This time I got it right, she's really a 'kakak'. Phew *wipes forehead* :p

4 comments:

CS said...

Cahaya
I like this very entry of yours, hehe.. I notice that at first you called me 'kakak', then 'aunty'.

I dont mind blogger friends, young or 'old' calling me by my name as per my profile ie somuffins but since someone memang dah tau my real name hence CikSom stays.

cahya indah said...

somuffins: auntie, baru perasan hari tu. i read through your first few entries and realized that you have a daughter around my age. erk, terkejut Cahya tengok. hehe..mintak ampun.

Kongkang Malaya said...

Cahaya,
I get you on this one as I feel the same. Even made a post bout asking fellow readers to say it if they would want me to change how I refer/call them :D. Yelah kan, tak mau la if ada sesapa terasa ke hapa.

Psst.. Cik Som tu memang misteri jek. Auntie Tek? Ke Granny Tek? :D (mau kena pelangkung kalo dia baca ni)

cahya indah said...

kak..ramai jugak yang sama macam Cahya rupanya :) meh kita join the club ramai..hehe