Thursday, October 20, 2011

tough time

A couple of days ago, I read somewhere (forgot already) about Giuliana's condition. She's trying to get pregnant through IVF and they discovered that she has breast cancer.

I know how devastating that can be - mom was sick before, and even when I was there to help..it was nowhere near easy. I was thankful that I was able to stay at home during the difficult time - but now that I've grown a few years older, I realize that I was too young then. I helped a little around the house, and now I wish that I could have been a bigger help to mom emotionally.

It's been a few years, and I'm praying that we'll never have to go through that painful period again.

Giuliana and Bill is my favorite couple - they have fun together even if they're so busy with work and have to spend a lot of time apart, but the most important thing is they put family as priority. I hope I can have that someday.

She is just so brave to reveal her battle with cancer at this time. I hope she will have a speedy recovery and that they get all the cancerous cells completely out of her body.

A reminder: go get yourself checked girls.

10 comments:

CS said...

CI
Ehh.. I tulis CI as nama you, in fact I baru jer tulis CI kat blog my other fren which means Choc Indulgence, hehe..

I ada gak follow pasal couple tu trying hard nak dpt baby; but what a sad news, dia dpt cancer pulak. I remember my friend, a young couple then trying hard to get a baby. Check punya check rupa2nya the mrs was having cancer of the blood. AlFatihah..

cahya indah said...

auntie, uihh kena pegi cari Choc Indulgence nampaknya lepas ni..hehe.
kesian kan kat diorang, tengah trying hard lepas tu dapat tau kena macam tu pulak.

wahida said...

berat mata yg memandang, berat lagi bahu yg memikul...huhu..

ibundo said...

sakit ni kita tak minta tapi kalau dah nak datang, dia datang juga. the best thing we can do is to prevent it before it occurs. Insyaallah dengan izinNYa..

cahya indah said...

kak wahida: betul kan..kalau tak rasa sendiri mana tau the real situation.

Bundo: sekarang ramai dah kena penyakit, orang pulak kalau muda tu ingat sihat memanjang..tak de fikir nak prevent sebelum jadi pun.

ahkakbatik said...

dia kaya tapi Tuhan turunkan ujian lain kan.... kaktek dengar medication yg diambil untuk dpt baby pun boleh trigger cancer cell..

doa agar hidup kita dipermudahkan... sempurna walaupun tak kaya... insyaAllah.

ahkakbatik said...

eh.. auntie tulis 'kaktek' ek..ekeke.. lepas baca novel remaja kannnn....

cahya indah said...

auntie, kena baca novel2 tu hari2 ni..petua awet muda kot? hehe.
a'ah kot pasal medication tu..treatment utk pregnant ni kena ambik hormon kan, entah2 hormon tu yang trigger cancer.

Kongkang Malaya said...

Cahya,
I like them too, mula kenal (cewah) Bill time dia jadi peserta The Apprentice.

Tu la kan, ujianNya ni datang dalam pelbagai rupa dan tak dijangka. Mudah2an setiap ujian yang datang tu buat kita semakin kuat. What doesn't kill us will only make us stronger.

cahya indah said...

Akak, I like what you said.."what doesn't kill us will only make us stronger" :)